Social media community guidelines
The Taxi Services Commission (Commission) provides opportunities through this website and various social media channels to listen, inform and engage with the community on issues relating to the Taxi Industry Inquiry (the inquiry).
The Commission currently uses the following social media channels:
These channels are actively monitored and updated by the Commission’s inquiry team during normal business hours (9am to 5pm) between Monday and Friday. The inquiry may change the format of social media engagement at any point, including by content, (partially or in its entirety) and by removing any or all social media platforms from public view.
We welcome your participation via our social media channels. However, to ensure they are used constructively and for the good of the community, we ask that you follow the guidelines below when contributing to any of our social media channels.
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Do not make racist, defamatory or libelous comments.
- Do not make personal comments towards or about any other contributor.
- Be mindful of the terminology you may use and how others may perceive your comments.
- Do protect your personal privacy by not including your personal information.
- Do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
- Do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Do not comment on the personal information of other person.
- Do post material to the forum that is relevant to the issues being discussed.
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts.
- Do not intentionally use information in an attempt to mislead other contributors.
- Do not use any inquiry social media platforms to cross promote events businesses or any other entities.
We reserve the right to:
- guide discussions based on inquiry needs and to delete or remove from public view any posts that are 'off-topic' or detract from discussions directly at hand.
- delete or remove from view content that does not comply with these guidelines, or that we judge, in our sole discretion, to be obscene, offensive, or rude.
- block posts from people or other entities that violate these guidelines.
However, we do not edit posts.
Only inquiry members are authorised to speak on behalf of the inquiry and other contributions are not endorsed by the inquiry. Posts from the inquiry avatar are by inquiry team members.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact us.